Saturday, June 6, 2015

Blueberry Whisk

The sun is shining and there is a gentle flutter of shadows cast over my floor as the wind blows through the trees outside my window. The weather is finally cooperating, and I am in the most peaceful trance as I type these words. I'm excited to share something a little different with you all today. Sorry no food today, but I think something even better.

Since summer is almost here, what better way is there to celebrate than with a cocktail?! I whipped up this recipe post recovery. On a side note, surgery went great and I can actually breathe again. Thanks for all of the kind texts, cards, flowers, and balloons! They brightened my week! OK, back at it. All of the ingredients were in the house already and I decided to put a little of this and a little of that in a shaker and see what resulted. The best cocktails to me are fresh, a little sassy, and packs a punch. This recipe has it all!

Blueberry Whisk
1 part whiskey (I used Gentlemen Jack)
2 parts light lemonade (I used all natural Trader Joe's Brand)
5-6 blueberries
2-3 mint leaves, torn (more for garnish, if desired)
1 tsp. turbino sugar
Lots of Ice

In a shaker, place blueberries, sugar, and mint. Using a muddler, blend ingredients into a pulp. Add ice, whiskey, and lemonade. Give the shaker a few good shakes! To serve, remove shaker top and pour in tumbler glass. Add straw, garnish, and enjoy!


This would be a great cocktail to add to your summer BBQ menu. It's so refreshing and has the perfect amount of kick from the whiskey. If you're not a whiskey fan, remove the sugar and try vodka! I will definitely be making these for friends and serving alongside some yummy snacks. I can't wait to muddle away again!

Friends, I need your help! I'm getting in the habit of posting more often and with that I would like to expand my social media reach of One Recipe at a Time. Will you help me? If you try a recipe from One Recipe at a Time will you throw me a hashtag bone? Tag me on Instagram @goldsmre #OneRecipeAtATime Or share my blog on Facebook! Anything would be great and I'd be happy to support you back.

Love to you all! Let me know what you'd like to see next in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment